Fundserv’s Business Continuity Plan Regarding Coronavirus
Fundserv is taking proactive measures to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and members, and ensure continuity of our services to the industry.
We are responsible for the critical function and operation of the leading Canadian investment funds’ transaction and settlement system. Operational resilience is a key principle of our risk management strategy and we have business continuity plans and crisis management protocols in place to effectively address and manage major incidents, so our people are safe and our systems continue to run effectively.
On March 13, 2020, we formally invoked our business continuity plan and implemented measures in support of employee health, wellbeing and critical operation of our services:
- All Fundserv employees, contractors and consultants are working from home. We can maintain normal business operations in this configuration, and we do not anticipate any disruption to our services during this period.
- All external industry committee meetings—including the SSC, TAC, councils and working groups are being held by web conference. It’s important for us to maintain these meetings, especially given the complex global situation.
- We are continuing to monitor our critical suppliers, ensuring their preparedness and ability to meet our agreed service levels and maintaining open communication channels in the event the situation changes.
- We are having regular dialogue with our regulators to monitor pressures on the industry and provide updates on our ability to manage through the increased demand.
- Our Business Continuity Team meets daily to assess the evolving situation, monitor the health and wellbeing of our employees and critical services, and ensure our plans, actions and preventative measures align with directives from government and public health agencies. Our Senior Leadership Team is briefed daily on these discussions.
We are confident in our ability to maintain and sustain the critical services we provide to our members while ensuring the health and wellbeing of our employees. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will update you accordingly. Please contact your Fundserv Relationship Manager or Tech Support if you require additional information.