By submitting Personal Information relating to someone other than yourself to Fundserv, you will be representing to Fundserv and Fundserv will rely on your representation, that you have consent or are otherwise authorized to disclose the Personal Information to us.
- What is Personal Information?
- What Personal Information does Fundserv collect and how is it used?
- Fundserv collects and uses Personal Information of employees and representatives of Customers and potential Customers who provide their information to Fundserv in connection with a request for information, materials or services. Fundserv uses Personal Information to deliver publications and other materials produced by Fundserv, to register individuals for Fundserv events, and to respond to inquiries.
- You may withdraw your consent to the continued use of your Personal Information by contacting Fundserv’s Privacy Officer, as indicated below. Fundserv will be unable to provide you with information, materials and/or services for which Personal Information is required if you withdraw your consent and you are invited to consult our Privacy Officer about the implications before doing so.Fundserv as a Service Provider
- Fundserv provides services to organizations operating in the industry (“Customers”), which services include the use of an electronic network (the “Network”) to transmit information about Customers’ clients (“Investors”) for Customers’ purposes.
- In regard to its provision of the Network, Fundserv is a service provider to Customers and accesses and uses Personal Information of Investors transmitted through the Network only to the extent required to provide the Network and related maintenance and support services to Customers. For greater certainty, fundserv does not collect Personal Information of Investors, but provides the means by which such information is transmitted by Customers for purposes agreed to between Customers and Investors. Any requirement for notice or consent in regard to the use and disclosure of such Personal Information is the responsibility of Customer.
- Does Fundserv disclose Personal Information?
- Does Fundserv outsource functions requiring access to Personal Information?
- Fundserv outsources some functions to third party service providers, including some functions that require access to Personal Information. Fundserv requires third party service providers to limit their access to Personal Information to that required to provide their services and to provide a level of protection for Personal Information that is commensurate to that provided by Fundserv. Some of the third party service providers retained by Fundserv operate in countries other than Canada, and in these circumstances, Personal Information accessible to the service provider will be subject to the laws in the service provider’s country of operation as well as PIPEDA, and may be disclosed pursuant to the laws of that country. Please direct any questions or concerns you have about the countries in which our service providers process your Personal Information to our Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below.
- What security safeguards does fundserv have in place to protect Personal Information?
- In addition to Fundserv’s internal security measures, Fundserv annually engages external auditors to review its security policies and practices and other safeguards. For Customers who use the Network, a copy of the results of Fundserv’s service bureau audit, addressing, among other things, privacy, security and data integrity, is available upon request to Fundserv’s Privacy Officer.
- How long does Fundserv retain Personal Information?
- Fundserv retains Personal information only as long as necessary given the purpose for which Fundserv collected the information or as required by law. Fundserv destroys or removes Personal Information after that time, and where the latter, may retain the resulting non-personal information for its business purposes.
- Does the Fundserv Web site collect information automatically?
- Fundserv strives to maintain the accuracy of Personal Information in its records and to this end, requests that you notify us if your Personal Information changes. Fundserv will provide you with access to your Personal Information in our records, except in the limited circumstances established by law.
- Where a request is made for access to or the correction of Personal Information that has been collected by a Customer and to which Fundserv only has access in its capacity as a service provider (for example, the Personal Information of Investors), Fundserv will transfer the request to the applicable Customer.
- If you are aware of any inaccuracies in Personal Information that you have provided to Fundserv, or you would like to obtain access to such Personal Information, or have comments or questions about Fundserv’s privacy practices in general or its management of your Personal Information specifically, you may contact Fundserv’s Privacy Officer in writing at:
333 Bay St., Suite 2600
M5H 2R2 Canada
Attention: Privacy Officer
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we or selected third parties may use a variety of technologies that store or access information already stored on your computer or mobile device (each, a “device”) whenever you visit or interact with our website.
The Information Collection Technologies
Information About Why We Use These Technologies
We use the technologies above for the following purposes:
|Remembering you and your preferences. This information is not disclosed to third parties.||Your device information (including your browser, operating system, hardware, identifiers, mobile network information).||Cookie||First Party Persistent|
|To assess, enhance or otherwise improve the website or our activities in connection with them. This information is not disclosed to third parties.||The URL that referred you to our website, the areas within our website that you visit and your activities there, and the time of day, among other information.||Cookie||Session|
|To protect your security. This information is not disclosed to third parties.||Your device information (including your browser, operating system, hardware, identifiers and mobile network information).||Cookie||Session|
|Analytics to count visitors to the website, to monitor how users navigate the website. This helps us improve the way our website works. This information is not disclosed to third parties.||Your device information (including your browser, operating system, hardware, identifiers and mobile network information).||Cookie||Third Party Persistent using Google Tag Manager for Google Analytics|
We use Google Tag Manager as part of the Google Analytics service, to analyze your browsing behaviour on our website. This information is not provided to us in a personally identifiable format and is collected through your ad settings on your device or browser.
Your Consent and Your Right to Refuse the Use of Information Collection Technologies