Improving the speed and accuracy of fund transactions
Fundserv operates as a giant file transferring machine, sending fund transaction files seamlessly from one participant to another.
- Distributors who sell mutual funds to investors (and the intermediaries who provide additional products) use Fundserv to order funds from the manufacturer and automatically transact the sales to their clients.
- Investment companies and banks who manufacture funds use Fundserv to receive and fulfill fund transaction orders from distributors.
- Systems integrators provide the tools and technology to keep the network running.
Financial transaction files flow back and forth on our Fundserv network in order to:
- eliminate a bulky paper trail
- increase accuracy, and
- improve the speed of business
Setting the standards, lowering the risks
To ensure cost and risk reduction along with quality control, Fundserv is active in the development of business rules and electronic data standards to govern our industry. To do this, we work closely with committees and working groups that monitor the market and act as the industry voice, identifying automation and standardization opportunities. Read more about our committees and their activities here.